Ramsey Cemetery, Stephenville
About Ramsey Cemetery, Stephenville
The nearby burial ground is named for William Ramsey, who in 1886 formally deeded the land around several early graves as a cemetery. The oldest legible tombstone, dated 1862, bears the name of Rebecca Henning. Many burial sites are marked only with native stones. Some of Erath County’s first pioneers and several war veterans are buried in Ramsey Cemetery. Some of the pioneers and their descendants who are interred there are members of the Patton, Robertson, Lancaster, Tudor, Hampton, Carr, Mitchell, and Wideman families.