Little Bethel Memorial Park, Duncanville
About Little Bethel Memorial Park, Duncanville
Little Bethel Memorial Park in Duncanville was founded as Pioneer Cemetery in 1856. It all started when a wealthy landowner named Crawford Trees allowed a child who died in a winter storm to be buried on his property.
Between 1856 and 1900, the cemetery was enlarged and clear boundaries were designated. Crawford then gave the property—approximately 45 acres—to the communities of Cedar Hill and Duncanville. A small church near the cemetery was called Little Bethel, and that name was also given to the cemetery.
The original cemetery site is known today as the Pioneer section. From that spot on a hilltop, the newer sections of the cemetery follow a sloping hill down to the original bronze gate.